CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Under the supervision of the Training and Wellness Director, Member Well-being staff will instruct fitness orientations and programming, and assist and supervise members in the wellness center. They will help build community in our organization while emphasizing safety, fun, and effectiveness. Through training, staff will gain a general knowledge of all programs, membership, special events, and general facility information needed to answer questions, concerns, and be able to promote all the above to members and guests.
- Exemplify the YMCA mission and values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility in all aspects of job performance and interactions/relationships with others
- Help lead monthly staff meeting and trainings
- Provide the best customer service to all members and guests visiting the facility by assisting with all comments and concerns people may have and by promoting all programs and services provided by our organization.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA. Introduces new members to group exercise communities based their health and well-being goals.
- Competently lead wellness programming as assigned. Correctly complete required paperwork and follow up.
- For safety and for the preservation of equipment monitor wellness to be sure that equipment is being used properly and exercises are being performed correctly.
- Build relationships with members and guests to make them feel welcome and part of our family at the YMCA and the community including completing new member phone calls.
- Participate in on-going training and meeting to better equip yourself and the organization.
- Have knowledge of all facility programs, events, and activities offered by the organization.
- Clean area and correct any safety hazards. Set up and organize equipment and report any problems or needs with equipment to supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience is some aspect of health, fitness, or wellness is required. An educational background in health and exercise physiology is preferred and obtaining a professional certification is strongly recommended.
- CPR and First Aid certification must be obtained within ninety days of employment.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- A desire to help others achieve their goals in health and wellness.
- Ability to move or stand for up to 6 hours.
- Ability to operate wellness center equipment and demonstrate aerobic, muscle conditioning and flexibility exercises.
- Lifting items up to 50 pounds.
Please turn in completed application to the Front Desk at our Marquette location